Are You Poisoning Your Unborn Child with Your Mercury Amalgam Fillings?
“Once mothers realize the fillings in their teeth damage the development of their babies’ brains while they’re in the womb, and once these women understand this damange can result in low IQ, learning and behavioral problems after birth, then we’ll see a public outcry against the use of mercury amalgam.” – Dr. Charles Williamson, Toxic Studies Institute
The #1 thing to do BEFORE trying to get pregnant is to remove the mercury fillings (amalgams) in your teeth! I have seen so many girlfriends planning to get pregnant and failed to do the one thing that might cause tremendous harm to their fetus. That is to remove their mercury amalgam fillings. They are poisoning their unborn child without knowing it!
Problems in Children After Mercury Exposure
In fact, the list of documented problems in children caused by mercury exposure, included but not limited to: (You can click on each problem to read one of the many studies supporting it)
- Learning Disabilities3
- Genetic Mutations4
- Attention Deficit Disorder5
- Behavior disorders6
- Mental Retardation6
- Lowering of IQ7
- Poor immune system8
- Malfunction of the endocrine and reproduction systems later in life (due to damage toxic damage to the pituitary glands) 8
Mercury Poisoning and Autism
“In a landmark Study on blood levels of mercury and other toxins, release by the CDC in March, 2000; fully 10 percent of Amercian women – roughly 7 million women – mercury levels were above the dose that may put a fetus at risk for adverse nervous system effects. “ – Environmental Working Group
The WHO published a review in 1991, indicating increased frequency of misscarriages, malformations, cardiac abnormalities and other congenital defects following maternal exposure to mercury9.
In 2003, a law was passed in California requiring all dental offices in California to post the following warning: “Dental almalgams, used in many dental offices, causes exposure to mercury, a chemical known to the States of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
In 2008, FDA in the US has finally, though reluctantly, “Admits Mercury Fillings Have Neurotoxic Effects on Children.”
Sweden declared mercury amalgam (fillings) to be a toxic material and banned its use in 2008. Norway and Denmark followed suit.
Autism is unheard of until 1943, as documented by child psychiatrist, Leo Kanner. The first case in Asia was documented in 1945 in Japan. Mass vaccination (with thimerosal) of babies and wide use of mercury amalgam started around the same time
By the 1980s, over 4500 new cases were found in United States along. By 1997, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that 1 in 500 children is autistic. By 2000, the number is 1 in 200. By 2008, the number is 1 in 88! If you don’t call this epidemic, I don’t know what it is. It is a fallacy to say that explosion of autism and learning problems is genetic or due to earlier detection!
1980s – 1 in 4500 children in the U.S is Autistic
1997 – 1 in 500
2000 – 1 in 200
2008 – 1 in 88
(Numbers are extracted from CDC website)
Do you know that there are also explosion of developmental disabilities? 1 in 6 children in the US was found to have developmental disability in 2006 to 2008, ranging from mild disabilities such as speech and language impairments to serious developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, cerebral palsy, and autism.
Mercury Fillings/ Amalgam Affects All of Us
The facts are crystal clear:
- Mercury is a neurotoxin (a poison that acts on the nervous system)
- Mercury leeches out of mercury amalgam
In adults, mercury poisoning increases the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases even though the liver and blood-brain barrier provide us some protection against mercury toxicity. However, in our unborn child, these defences are not developed at the fetal stage. The damage could be devastating.
In babies, chronic exposure begins in the womb from the mother’s mercury amalgam fillings! It also enters the breast milk ingested by the newborn and ultimately into the infant’s body tissues, poisoning his/her precious little organs and brains.
If you are planning to become a mother, please read and digest all these information seriously. Do not cause unnecessary harm to yourself and your unborn child. Let your child have a fair start in life!
In Asia, this information on mercury poisoning from mercury amalgams is rarely disseminated.
I was with my mum’s dentist in 2004 and told her about the dangers of mercury amalgam. She looked at me with blank eyes. I ended up giving her a book on the danger of mercury amalgam.
I also tried passing this information to two of my dentists in Singapore. They, too, did not think that mercury amalgam was a harmful to health. I know it’s time to change dentist again. I guess you must be thinking, “Shouldn’t my dentist know what good or harmful for me?” Read my next post on “Please Do Not Poison Yourself – The Danger of Mercury Amalgams Part II”
What Should I do Now?
FAQ 1: I’m Trying to Conceive and I have Mercury Amalgams, what should I do?
- Please DO NOT attempt to remove your mercury amalgams when you are pregnant or lactating. Please remove the mercury amalgams as many months as possible BEFORE trying to conceive. (Preferably at least 6 months).
- Please find a mercury free dentist to remove your mercury amalgams or a dentist who follows the IAOMT (International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology) protocol. It is recommended to remove a maximum of 2 mercury amalgams per month to avoid drastic increase of mercury toxicity in the body due to the removal process.
Some examples of the protocol:
- Use of a rubber dam and a high volume suction/evacuator to prevent mercury vapour and particles being absorbed by the patient.
- An alternative air source free of mercury vapour should be provided and patient should be advised not to breathe through the mouth.
- All removal must be done under cold water spray.
- Protective eyewear to be provided.
- Nutritional support before, during and after amalgam removal
Remember, release of mercury vapour is maximized when the amalgam is placed and removed. Removal of mercury amalgam without proper protocol could expose you to further mercury toxicity or trigger off a severe allegic reaction.
3. Supplements with advance amount of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants.
Glutathione (GSH) is a potent antioxidant, a protectant manufactured in our body for mecury detoxification. GSH binds to mercury for elmination from our body. You can read more about the powerful Glutathione here.
Vitamin A, C, E, beta-carotene (precursor of Vitamin A), selenium, alpha-lipoic acid (ALA), Riboflavin, Niacin and Cysteine can help to reduce mercury toxicity and to maintain or enhance GSH levels in our body.
(For those who do not believe in nutritional supplementations and insist on not supplementing at pre-mercury-removal times, please consume lots of organic vegetables and fruits rich in antioxidants and glutathione peroxidase (GPx), an antioxidant enzyme and a free radical scavenger. GPx can be found in avocado, asparagus, broccoli, garlic, spinach, tomatoes and turmeric.)
FAQ 2: I’m Already Pregnant and I have Mercury Amalgams, what should I do?
- Avoid drinking very hot liquid or soup that will increase the release of mercury vapors from the amalgams.
- Avoid using electric toothbrush aggravate further release of vapor.
- Avoid chewing gums to aggravate further release of vapor.
- If you have bruxism (grinding of teeth) when you sleep, wear a night guard over your teeth to reduce the release of mercury vapor form grinding.
- Supplements with advance amount of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants to maximize mercury detoxification. (Read FAQ 1 above, point 3.)
- AFTER delivery and lactation (breasting-feeding), please remove your mercury amalgams. (Please refer to FAQ 1 above, point 2.)
FAQ 3: My Child has Mercury Amalgams, what should I do?
- Change your Child’s dentist. Children should never have mercury amalgams in them. Take your business to mercury free dentist.
- Check out MAMA (Mum Against Mercury Amalgam)
- Please find a mercury free dentist to remove your mercury amalgams or a dentist who follows the IAOMT (International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology) protocol. It is recommended to remove a maximum of 2 mercury amalgams per month to avoid drastic increase of mercury toxicity in the body due to the removal process. (Please refer to FAQ 1 above, point 2.)
- Supplements with advance amount of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants to maximize mercury detoxification. (Please refer to FAQ 1 above, point 3.)
9. International Programme on Chemical Safety. Environment Health Criteria 118: Inorganic Mercury: World Health Organization (WHO);1991.
10. Information has also been shared from the book “A Mouth Full of Poison” – Thee Truth About Mercury Amalgam Fillings by Dr. Myron Wentz.